Monday, February 9, 2009

Verisimilitude

I've found a cure for Frienditis (disease I mentioned in previous post). Have your friend hate you. Then you won't like them so much.

Anyhoo... I took a drama class yesterday at my Church. It was taught by this guy who teaches at a University. I learned some thing I hadn't heard before:
- Verisimilitude - It's like when you break the fourth wall to explain something to the audience. Like in Shakespeare, when instead of sets, they just said, "They're on the Heath", or whatever.
- Italian Run - a run-through that is double-time.
- French Scene - Anytime a character enters or exits the stage. I thought they were called "Entrances" and "Exits" but nooo... -__-
If you can't tell, I'm a little dash-crazy today. =D
I also learned about Beats and Units and stuff.. but that's more difficult to explain.
So there's a little theatre language for you, if you didn't already know it, anyways. And if you did, then at least you found the cure for Frienditis.

No comments: